HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
A. Strengthen Instruction and Supervision
• Monitored and evaluated the Division Brigada Eskwela Best Implementer 2012
• Implementation of K to 12 Curriculum in all the Elementary and Secondary schools in the entire division. Regular meeting with school heads for their teachers’ feedback on the use and application of the teaching and learning packages.
• K to 12 Curriculum materials and other teaching guides were distributed and monitored in all the schools in the division.
• Two Secondary Schools, Public and, Private have Special Science Classes
• Monitoring and Evaluation of the piloting of the Special Science Class at Sibut Central School, Sibut, San Jose City and the full implementation in the secondary at Constancio Padilla National High School. Another was opened in a private school, it’s being piloted at St. Joseph High School.
• Monitoring and Evaluation of the TV-assisted instruction in schools with K-channel. Two (2) schools, one (1) elementary and one (1) secondary are recipients of this project. These are provided with two (2) classrooms with a complete K-Channel package
• Special Reading Class, a section created for the slow-readers, non-readers or poor learners was piloted and now being maintained at Constancio Padilla National High School. It’s now on its third year of implementation. A developmental Reading Program is also being piloted this school year at the Grade – 7 level in this school.
• The secondary schools put up their remedial reading programs. Caanawan High School has its Reading Recovery Program. The Elementary schools and other secondary schools also have their own programs. The elementary schools use PhilIRI as a tool in assessing the reding readiness of the pupils.
B. Integrate Co-Curricular Activities
• National Awardee, Character Based and Service Learning- Rank 5 for the Search for the Best Implementer of Character Based Education-Service Learning
• 14 athletes, 3 coaches and 3 officials joined the PalarongPambansa last May 7-12, 2012 at Lingayen, Pangasinan.
• National Science Congress Palawan Feb 1-3, 2012
3rd place, Poster making – Elementary
• The Division of San Jose City won the Championship in seven events during the CLRAA Meet 2012 held in Iba, Zambales on February 18-23, 2012. The division brought home 52 medals, far better than last year’s awards.
• A student in the Elementary level was 3rd Placer in the Regional
Poster Making Contest during the Regional Integrated Competition on October 23, 2012.
• Constancio Padilla National High School was Champion in Regional Jingle Singing Competition held during the Regional Integrated Competition on October 26, 2012.
• Two of the entries of the Division one from the Secondary, 4th placer in Editorial Cartooning from Sto. Niño High School and one from the Private Schools, 3rd placer in the Photojournalism Category during the Regional Schools Press Conference held at Pampanga High School on October 24, 2012. The entry is qualifier in the National Schools Press Conference.
• The implementation of DepEd Order # 40, s. 2012 (DepEd Child Protection Policy) the creation of Child Protection Committees in the 47 Public Elementary Schools and 6 Public Secondary Schools was monitored.
• The Division Science Contest was conducted by the Science group on September 18, 2012. The winners in this activity were the entries during the Regional Integrated Competitions.
• Conducted OLTRAP Seminar Workshop (OVICIDAL LARVICIDAL TRAP) both in elementary and secondary schools.
• Conducted 2012 Division Press Conference at Porais National High School during the Division Integrated Competition on September 28, 2012. It was the 3rd Division Press Conference.
• The Competitions in Mathematics, TechnOlympics, Population Quiz were conducted at Constancio Padilla National High School in preparation for the Regional Integrated Competition.
• Constant supervision of the conduct of sports activities or school meets. The Divisional Meet was conducted where the athlete delegation of the division were selected on November 29, 2012 at the CPNHS quadrangle.
• Monitored the observance of World Teachers Day in all schools in the division.
• The Division Speech Competition was hosted by Caanawan High School on September 26, 2012. The winners in Oration, Jazz Chants, Essay Writing and Read-a-thon in this level were the entries in the Regional Speech Competition on October 26, 2012.
• The National Reading Month was observed by schools both in elementary and secondary in November, 2012. Different activities were held to improve and promote the reading habit and proficiency of students and pupils.
C. Enhanced HRD/Professional Development for Leaders and Teachers
• Twenty two (22) school and division officials - Principals, Education Program Supervisor, Schools Division Superintendent - attended the Policy, Governance and Capacity Building Program for Philippine Leaders and educators held in Singapore. It was sponsored by TEMASEK Foundation.
• Two (2) Interim Education Program Supervisors, Mrs.Vilma C. Nunez and Mrs. Susan T. de Leon attended the IC Excel seminar by SEAMEO Innotech.
• Mr.Lordennis T. Leonardo, EPS served as curriculum writer in EdukasyonsaPagpapakatao for the Kto12 curriculum
• Selected Sports officials served as event Supervisors/Officials during the 2012PalarongPambansain Lingayen Pangasinan.
• Seven (7) teachers attended the National Seminar Workshop in Campus Journalism at Baguio City on October 19-21, 2012.
• Selected Education Program Supervisors served as Regional Trainors in the K to 12 training: 1. Mrs. Susan T. de Leon, 2. Mr.Lordennis T. Leonardo and 3. Mr. Ronald G. Morla.
• Two (2) public school officials, Marcos C.Vizon, Head Teacher in English of CPNHS (Secondary) and Mr. Mario Maramag, TIC of Pinagcuartelan Elementary School (Elementary) were recipient of the short term course Scholarship Grant from Cong. Lorenzo Tañedo at the Philippine Normal University from May 14 – 26, 2012.
• Mr. Allan Moor Cabrillas Elementary teacher in the West District was one of the National Finalist for the Most Outstanding Teachers of Metrobank Foundation.
• Mr.Lordennis T. Leonardo, EPS attended the National Training of Trainors, Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao at PNU, Taft Avenue, Manila.
• Attend the Training on the Child Injury Prevention on October 2-5, 2012 at Bacolor, Pampanga.
• Mr. Reynaldo J. Pascual was adjudged as one of the ten ( 10 ) Outstanding School Paper Advisers of Region III during the Regional Schools Press Conference in January, 2012 at Olongapo National High School, Olongapo City.
• Mrs. Ma. Dolores A. Bermudez, School Nurse of CPNHS, Mrs. Dolly Morillo, Interim Administrative Officer and Dr. Catalina P. Paez, CPNHS Principal and concurrently as Administrative Officer of the Division of San Jose City attended the Training of Trainers in HIV and AIDS Prevention in the Workplace.
• All school heads attended the Division Seminar for School Administration, Public School District, Supervisors and Education Program for SBM, DORP, ACCESS, DRRM and ADM at Gabaldon Hall, San Jose City West District on October 17-19, 2012.
• Conducted Mass Training of Grade 1 and Grade 7 Teachers on the K to 12 Curriculums.
• Trainings of EPS I and Principals on the Implementation of the Grade 1 Curriculum and Kindergarten Education Curriculum of the K to 12 BEC for SY 2012-2013.
• Teacher Training Workshop on TV-Assisted Instruction at City Hall, San Jose City in December, 2012.
• A Special Program in the Arts which is presently in the innovation stage is being worked out by the Constancio Padilla National High School to promote Arts and Culture.
D. Strengthen Assessment
• Administered the National Achievement Test in Grade III for Elementary public schools, Grade VI and Fourth Year students both in public and private schools.
• Administered the required four (4) periodical tests. Test results and analysis using the FiDI as a tool were utilized to improve the test construction and the performance level of students.
• Administered the qualifying examination for Special Science Class in elementary and high school levels.
• Monitored and Evaluated Grades lll-Vl science teachers, asked to identify grade level test questions re-Bloom’s taxonomy.
• A Division Test Construction Team was organized for the Unified Test in English – 7 for all the secondary schools in the Division of San Jose City. It was initiated by the ES – 1 in English, Mrs. Susan T. De Leon.
• “KUMUSTAHAN” A visit by Mdm. Lily Maracas, EPS-I ALS Escalante City, Region VI May 2012
• The Monitoring and Evaluation Team headed by Sir Roberto Toledo ALS EPS II ( Region III) and Mam Robertita M. Fernando EPS I Nueva Ecija Division was held in April, 2012.
HEALTH AND NUTRITION
• Supervised the implementation of Universal Medical Check-up and Mass Deworming to all kinder, Elementary and Secondary students.
• Supervised the Height and Weight Assessment of all elementary and secondary students.
• Monitored the sustainability of the Feeding program both in the elementary and secondary schools.
• Monitor the Medical Check-up of Health and Nutrition Personnel (HNU) and teaching and non-teaching personnel in pursuant to RA 7305 sec. 17.2
• Monitored the Daily tooth brushing, Daily Hand washing and Bi-annual De-worming in the elementary and secondary levels.
• Monitored the construction of wash area in a number of elementary schools in the division.